Natural resources Social Studies and Science Physical Unit Study Kit Gr. 5
1. Explore Rocks and Minerals with 25 Great Projectsby Cynthia Light Brown
2. Explore Water with 25 Great Projects by Anita Yasuda
3. Our Resources by Pan Canadian Science
4. British Columbia, It’s Land, Water and Mineral Resources by Sandy Frances Duncan
5. Environmentalists from our First Nations by Vincent Schilling
6. Keepers of the Earth by Michael J. Caduto and Joseph Bruchac
This rich unit covers a number of important topics from a Christian perspective such as respecting our environment and sustainable resources. It also covers the rock cycle and the structure of our planet. Many engaging activities are included for you to choose from!
Human body unit study Gr. 5
This unit includes some very engaging books, great activities and projects! Iit even includes a blood pressure monitor kit and a card game:
- Your Circulatory System by Conrad J. Storad
- Your Digestive System by Rebecca L. Johnson
- Your Muscular System by Rebecca L. Johnson
- Your Respiratory System by Judith Jango-Cohen
- Your Skeletal System by Caroline Arnold
- Bodyworks by Pan Canadian Science
- The Human Body – 25 Projects
- Blood Pressure Monitor Kit
- Human Body Card Game
What a great way to cover this topic and have some fun as well!
Body Systems unit study Gr. 6
Continue learning about the different body systems with this unit. This is a shorter unit that can be completed in just 4 weeks! Pick your favorite activities – there are lots to choose from!
- The Digestive and Excretory Systemsby Susan Dudley Gold
- The Human Bodyby Kathleen M. Reilly
- The Nervous System by Joelle Riley
- The Reproductive System by Steve Parker
All of these kits are available for booking in L4U!