Motion of Objects unit study Gr. K
- Let’s Move by Pan Canadian Science Place Team
- Give it a Push, Give it a Pull
- Captain Kidd’s Crew Experiments with sinking and Floating
- The Three Little Pigs
How can you make objects move? How does the shape or size of an object effect the object’s movement? How does the material the object is made of effect the object’s movement?
These and more questions will be explored using interesting books and some great activities! Kids love acting out The Three Little Pigs story by creating their own houses!
Water Unit Study Gr. 2
- Young Discoverer Flying and Floating Science Facts and Experiments by David Glover
- A Drop Around the World by Barbara Shaw McKinney
- Water Cycle by Bobbie Kalman
- Down comes the Rain by Franklyn M. Branley
- Water: Little Scientist by Martha E. H. Rustad
Water is essential to all living things! Learn about the water cycle and how important it is in our daily lives. Watch some videos and have fun with experiments!
Energy unit study Gr. 4
- DK Eyewitness Books: Energy
- Energy: It’s Forms, Changes and Functions
- Janice VanCleave’s Energy for Every Kid
- Why Should I Save Energy?
Energy – it’s a fascinating topic! What is energy? What forms does it take? Make a balloon car or witness a chain reaction in Stixplosion! Your student will have a lot of fun choosing experiments to learn the answers to so many questions!
Solutions, Chemistry Gr. 5 Unit Study
- Properties of Matter by Debbie and Richard Lawrence
- Chemistry Matters from AIMS
Chemistry can be a daunting subject to teach. This short unit, which can be done in 4 weeks, covers solutions, solubility, properties of solutions and how they are used. Enjoy watching videos and choosing experiments – ice cream might be involved!
All of these kits are available for booking in L4U!