Items included in this kit, to be returned to HCOS:
- We Want You to Know: Kids Talk About Bullying by Deborah Ellis
- Hot Issues Cool Choices: Facing Bullies, Peer Pressure, Popularity, and Put-Downs by Sandra McLeod Humphrey
- The Revealers by Doug Wilhelm
- The Truth About Truman School by Dori Hillestad Butler
- lol…OMG:What Every Student Needs to Know About Online Reputation Note:Chapter Three is not included in the day plans as it is better suited to older
- Management, Digital Citizenship and Cyberbullying by Matt Ivester
- Digital Citizenship and Bullying 7-9 Physical Kit Parent Guide There are links included in this guide. To access them easily, you will need to go to the online guide located in the L4U library system L4U – log in, type in name of unit study, click on title. In the item record, go to Resources and click on the link to the guide.
Note: You will need to contact your child’s teacher in order to get login information for the following sites.
Ignition: Ignition is a fabulous internet safety and digital citizenship course. Ignition is free for HCOS families to use, but in order to access the course, your support teacher will need to create an account. After creating their account (using the school’s access), a code can be obtained from either Pippa Davies or Natalie Sing, your support teacher will be able to create an account for your student. Each Ignition lesson covers a different digital citizenship concept. Students will complete evaluations to prove what they know, and will earn a certificate upon completing the entire course.