Unit Study in L4U (login first)
Contents of kit to be returned to HCOS:
- Discovering Canada’s Government
- Brochure: At Work in the House of Commons
- Brochure: At Work in the Senate
- Our Country, Our Parliament (supplementary resource to use as needed)
- How Canadians Govern Themselves (for parent reference only)
- Canada’s Maple Leaf – The Story of our Flag
- Parent Guide
Sandra Hlina, one of our parents, has made up these wonderful Notebooking pages to go along with this study! Thank you Sandra!!
Ask your online teacher for a password for the Discovering Education website to access the video clips mentioned. Discovery Education (http://streaming.discoveryeducation.com/)
This kit presents a study of the Canadian Government – how it was formed, how it functions, and key features of our Canadian identity. Topics covered will meet several B.C. Learning Outcomes for Grade 5.
You and your child will read selected chapters from Discovering Canada’s Government and then choose two or more activities from the list of suggested tasks. Additional resources are provided through online links, and materials published by the Parliament of Canada.