This page covers all grad resources for foreign languages including French, German, and Spanish.
The redesigned Core French curriculum aligns the curriculum goals with the Big Ideas and learning standards through the following new features:
- Greater flexibility for teachers to use a wide range of approaches to language instruction
- A more integrated approach to the development of required Content, Curricular Competencies, and transferable Big Ideas about language learning
- An emphasis on the exploration of culture as a vehicle for acquiring deeper understanding of language, of others, and of one’s own identity
- An expanded definition of text, which now includes an even wider range of text types
- Recognition of the important role that stories play in the sharing of knowledge, ideas, and feelings in a meaningful way.
- The infusion of Aboriginal content and perspectives
Web links for Foreign Languages may be found under the category Language and Languages with further language sub topics.
To find these resources please make sure you are logged in already with your passwords.
All Grad Foreign language resources may be accessed by going to simple search and type in language of your choice. You may access English, French or Spanish easy readers or French textbooks by clicking on these links:
L4U Physical Resources:
Sign in to L4U catalogue with your passwords.
Click on this topic link to access all foreign language resources both digital and non digital. You will be able to access content in Overdrive e library as well as Ebscohost and Wikipedia by searching in the top tab on your search screen as shared below.
World Book– access through link on Encom. Choose the French or Spanish icon to access the French or Spanish encyclopaedia.
World Book Tutorials:
Discovery Education: Video clips and audio files in French, as well as French language instruction.
Also, you can translate the pages in Learn360 by going to the translate option on the bottom right-hand side. There are also a number of videos on Learn360 in French and other languages such as Chinese, Spanish,German, Italian and Japanese.
By going into the “Browse Resources” menu and then filtering for Spanish, Gr. 9-12, students can find free tools, apps and lessons for Spanish learning.