This informative unit covers different systems of government, economic policies and resource management, globalization and trade. Rather than being divided by day, the unit plan uses the key questions to break down content, activities, and experiences.
The following resources are included in the physical kit and will need to be returned to HCOS:
- Governments Around the World by Heinemann Library
- What is Trade? by Carolyn Andrews
- What is Importing and Exporting? by Carolyn Andrews
- What is Scarcity of Resources? by Jessica Cohn
- Land Use by Janice L. Redlin
- Avoiding Hunger and Finding Water by Andrew Langley
- Using STEM to Investigate Alternative Energy by Barbara R. Sandall
- Using STEM to Investigate Issues in Food Production by Barbara R. Sandall
- World Governments and Economics Physical Unit Study Guide
All unit studies are checked to ensure links are working. You will need to access the study guide online (using the link above) as it has clickable links to many online resources.
To check out this Unit Study Kit complete with the physical books, log-in to your L4U account. Once logged in, click the “ADVANCED” search from the top menu, then “Local Call Number”, then KIT 320.3 WOR. Click the green “Submit” button, and you’re on your way to obtaining this excellent resource!
We encourage you to pre-screen videos and book resources to ensure that they are a good fit for your family. We also encourage you to explore resources alongside your child to facilitate quality discussion about these complex topics.