Theme: Reflection & Reflecting
re·flect (rəˈflekt) - verb
- (off a surface or body) throwback (heat, light, or sound) without absorbing it. "the snow reflects light"
- to think deeply or carefully about something
For this contest, you can choose to focus on either definition of "reflect". This could be a reflection of something on a surface (i.e., when trees and mountains are seen as a reflection on the surface of a lake). Or you could portray something that you are reflecting on (i.e., you might take a picture of a rainbow and reflect on God's promise to not totally flood the earth again) as long as you tell us what the video represents as a reflection in the description.
(This contest is open to all Grades. You can submit up to 3 poems in this contest)
The poem must be written by you. You may use poems you have already written, but we greatly encourage you to go out and create new poems. The poem can not have been entered in a previous HCOS Poetry Contest.
The poems is supposed to be submitted in video format:
- This contest format needs videos to be submitted by a link to a digital file.
- There are a few ways to do this, post/upload the video (publically or privately) on youtube, facebook, Instagram, etc. and then copy the ULR over.
- Some programs that we invite you to look into using are Loom and
- If students would like to enter but just can not face the idea of being on camera and there is no one to read it for them, they can use Vocaroo (Vocaroo Tutorial) for creating digital audio files.
Along with your Video, we need the following included in the Description Box:
- A written/typed copy of your poem
- What inspired you
- Your Name
- Your Grade (so that we know what age category to judge you in)
- If there are people other than yourself in the video, you must have their permission to enter the video in the contest and give them credit for being in your video.
Voting & Judging:
VOTE on your favourite poems by hitting the "Vote/Like" button. The winner(s) will be chosen by our Judges but your votes will be taken into consideration when choices are being made.
- Even if you do not enter a poem, you can still vote for the poems that you like! Everyone appreciates the encouragement when you show them that you like their work.
The Poems will be judged on:
- Skill level
The contest will end on Sunday, May 19th and be judged in the following weeks.
- The winners will be contacted after the contest closes and sent Amazon Giftcards
Participants: There is a minimum participant cap on this contest. If for whatever reason, we receive less than 10 entries to this contest before the closing date the contest will be cancelled. So tell your friends to join the fun!!
*If you have any questions please email Erin Duncan (email@example.com)