Learn to read with Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress, a unique online world where children learn to read through self-paced individualized one-on-one lessons. Reading Eggs (for K to age 7) focuses on the core reading curriculum of phonics and sight words using skills and strategies. Reading Eggspress (for ages 7 to 13) focuses on building reading fluency and comprehension, spelling and vocabulary, and a range of writing skills including grammar and punctuation. These fun lessons are filled with interactive animations, games and songs, and end with a new book and a reward. HCOS is offering this subscription at no cost to our enrolled students. http://readingeggs.com
For information about Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress
Try a sample lesson in Reading Eggspress
Parents should contact their support teacher to get the Reading Eggs or Reading Eggspress login for their students.
If parents want to have access to the Book Notes, they can contact email@example.com to be set up in the site.
Note: If you wish to record your student reading from Reading Eggs in order to share the reading with your support teacher, please go to http://vocaroo.com/ for easy recording, then forward the file to your teacher. Here is the link to a video showing how this works: https://youtu.be/dBUsOrAXcLw It is very easy; your students will be able to use it without trouble.
There is information in the Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress Teacher Guides, which would be very helpful to teachers:
Reading Eggs Webinar on November 7, 2017 (fill in your name and email, and then the video will open up for you)
For instructional tutorials on using the teacher site in Reading Eggs, please go to this link and scroll down the left side of the screen for teacher instruction.
Using the Reading Eggs dashboard for portfolios and report cards: https://youtu.be/Api0cloBs4E (2 min 11 sec long)
To see what your student sees: https://youtu.be/92TdvOLyCVc (3 min 26 sec long)
How to preview lessons (Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress): https://youtu.be/9L8NShzNfnU (1 min 49 sec long)
Most problems with Reading Eggs can be fixed by following the troubleshooting steps below. Try these steps in order. If one doesn’t fix the problem, move onto the next one. If you need any help, please contact our friendly customer service team.
- Refresh your page.
- Ensure you have fixed line high speed broadband access.
- Ensure that you access the Reading Eggs via the internet address bar and not through “shortcuts” or “favourites”.
- Get the latest edition of flash player click here.
- Delete your browsing history (temporary internet files/cache/cookies) as your computer may be continually memorising the same error. If you are not sure how to do this please click here for appropriate instructions.
- Upgrade your Internet Browser to Google Chrome.
- Investigate whether you have a parental lock or anti-virus software that is blocking the site. Ensure the following URL’s have been added to your safe list.
- Refresh the page.
- Ensure you have high speed wifi Internet access.
- Ensure that Java script is enabled on your device.
- Delete the Browser history and cookies. For appropriate instructions, Safari users click here and chrome users click here.
- Close and restart the Application/Browser. For appropriate instructions, iPad users click here and Android users click here.
- Reset your device.
iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
Android: Press and hold the Power/lock button and select ‘Power Off’ from the options to shutdown the device. Press and hold the Power/lock button again to restart it.
- Delete and re-install the application.
If parents are interested in combining digital and print resources, Reading Eggs and Mathseeds are now offering workbooks that can be purchased to coordinate with the online programs. These workbooks will help them to master 240 essential reading skills per grade and 200 essential math skills per grade, building their confidence as they accomplish each new activity.
For information and ordering, please go to Workbooks. A purchase of 10 or more workbooks (Reading Eggs, Mathseeds or a combination of both) will result in a 25% discount in the total price. If you would like to purchase workbooks by a PO, please email your PO, payable to Blake eLearning, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 646-779-9800.
Description from Reading Eggs: