EVERFI offers resources to schools, covering topics such as digital citizenship, STEM, financial literacy, and career readiness.
These programs are valued at over $1,000 per school and they are available to HCOS students at no cost – thanks to a partnership with the Vancouver Canucks! These are very popular. The activities are not too long, and you can decide which of the available activities is best for your students. They are ERAC-approved (Educational Resource Acquisition Consortium).
Here are two brief videos to whet your appetite:
The courses available to you through EVERFI are:
- Financial Education: (these are American classes and will use US dollars))
- STEM Exploration
- Health and Wellness/Social & Emotional Learning
- AlcoholEdu® for Grades 9-12
- Prescription Drug Safety for Grades 9-12 for Grades 9-12
- Character Playbook for Grades 7-9
- Healthier Me – Wellness Fundamentals for Middle School for Grades 6-8
- Healthier Me – Wellness Fundamentals for Elementary School for Grades 1-4
- Honour Code for Grades 8-10
- The Compassion Project for Grades 2-4
- Say Something for Grades 9-12 (Youth violence prevention)
- Mental Wellness Basics for Grades 8-10
- Summer Learning: Summer Slugger for Grades 4-5
EVERFI tech people have created accounts which our students can access without having to set up a parent or teacher account. Please email Beth Johnson for the list of codes for those accounts. (These are all free to you.)
It’s really easy for students to get started- just follow these steps:
1. Go to this url: EVERFI Registration
2. Enter the class code of the desired course and click next. If students want access to multiple courses, just choose one for now, they can have access to all after the account is created
3. Create account by entering info in text boxes. Students do not have to enter their email and can use a “fake” name. Username must be unique and terms of service must be accepted before clicking Next
4. To register for additional courses, enter the course code in the text box in the upper right hand corner of student dashboard
We can allow a parent or a teacher, either one, to set up their own students in the EVERFI site, with access to all the courses above. Please email Beth Johnson for an invitation to EVERFI. To access EVERI’s help and support centre, go to EVERI Help Centre.
This 3-minute video is a great place to start: EVERFI Teacher Guide
The site does not require any identifying information for students to register. Student progress is saved.
Tips for Successful Implementation
- Students will need headphones to use the course
- The course is compatible with all devices. We recommend using Chrome as a browser if possible
- Get creative with grading: offer test/quiz grades, extra credit
- They suggest you provide time once a week (e.g. EVERFI Fridays)
- Set clear module completion goals, dates, and timelines
- Use leading up to or following breaks, or following a test – relax a bit and learn!
- Encourage logging on during free time!
For more information, please go to the Educator Resources tab in this site.
Features of Teacher Dashboard
- Reports: see how your students are doing on their pre and post assessments
- Students: register new students, reset passwords
- Classes: add new classes, or edit existing ones
- Resources: access lesson plans, curriculum guide, discussion questions, answer keys, etc
- Add a Curriculum: We have other online courses available at no cost
- View Curriculum: explore the course as your students will see it
You can see samples of the resources available for the courses listed below. There are similar resources for each of the EverFi courses.
Features of the Vault Financial Literacy Course
Vault Curriculum Guide – BC.pdf Brief overview
Vault Curriculum Guide NL.pdf Description of the various modules
Vault-One-Pager-2017.pdf Brief description
Features of the Endeavour STEM Career Exploration Course
Features of the Marketplaces Investment Basics Course
Features of the Honour Code Course
Features of the Say Something Course
EVERFI Scholarship Application – Canada
How It Works and Eligibility
The EVERFI Student Scholarship Competition is open to Canadian students who have completed and earned certification during the 2018-2019 school year in one of EVERFI’s K-12 courses. Students who have completed multiple courses this year may submit an entry for each course in which they earned certification.Entries must be received by May 10, 2019 at 5:00pm EST.
Selection of Winners
A committee of judges from EVERFI will select the final winners by May 24, 2019. Entries will be judged based on the content of message, the quality of the writing, and originality. Two winners will be selected, and their entries will be featured on the EVERFI Blog (Note: Students’ last names and contact information will never be used). Winners will each receive $1,000 to be deposited into an existing or new RESP savings account registered in their name.
Terms and Conditions
This promotion is open to all students in Canada who have earned certification in Future Goals – Hockey Scholar Math or Science, Ignition, Vault, Summer Slugger, Radius, Venture, Endeavor, Character Playbook, Healthier Me, Healthier Me – Elementary School, AlcoholEdu for High School, Prescription Drug Safety, 306, Say Something, The Compassion Project, Mental Wellness Basics, Marketplaces, Gametime or EVERFI – Financial Literacy during the 2018-2019 school year. Winners will receive a $1000 gift towards their existing or new RESP account. Please note that the gifts awarded will be in Canadian dollars, regardless of where the student resides. Winners will be sent an authorization form that a parent or guardian must complete and return within two weeks in order to receive the gift. A parent or guardian will be asked to provide details of the student’s RESP provider and EVERFI will make cheques out to the RESP provider directly. The parent or guardian may be required by the RESP provider to give written authorization for deposit of the cheque. By accepting the $1000 gift, teachers and students acknowledge that they are complying with their individual school board and provincial policy on rewards and/or incentives. EVERFI shall have the right, title and interest to use, market and otherwise own the content of the submitted blog. Void where prohibited.
This promotion is sponsored solely by EVERFI, Inc., located at 229 Niagara St., Toronto, ON M6J 2L5.
Scholarship Winners in 2019
- Ashley W. – New Castle Career Center, Indiana | Prescription Drug Safety
- Nicole D. – John Hay High School, Ohio | Prescription Drug Safety
- Ruth G. – MNPS Middle College High School, Tennessee | Mental Wellness Basics
- Sidney S. – Wood County Christian School, West Virginia | EVERFI Financial Literacy
- Hannah K. – Argosy Collegiate Charter School, Massachusetts | FutureSmart
- Emily V. – Spanish Fort Middle School, Alabama | Ignition
Sara L. – Britannia Secondary School, British Columbia | EVERFI Financial Literacy