What Subscriptions Does the Learning Commons Offer?
Where Do I Find My Subscriptions Usernames and Passwords?
- Log in to your parent home page in Encom, the school computer. Choose “Curriculum Resources” from the menu along the top of the page.
Scroll down to find the links, usernames and passwords for the various subscriptions offered in HCOS.
- When you are in the Learning Commons Search Portal, choose “Subscriptions” from the main menu.
To alphabetize the list:
The list of subscriptions can be organized by title (a-z, z-a), or by any of the other columns by clicking the on header. A small arrow will appear to show how it’s being organized. (up is a-z, down is z-a).
To Access Full Subscription Descriptions From the Mega Menu
- Choose a link from the subscriptions list above to go directly to the subscription
- OR hover your cursor over “Subscriptions” from the mega menu (if you have a large screen)
- OR click on the “hamburger” icon to the upper right (if you have a small screen).
When Your Login Doesn’t Work
When your login doesn’t work for some reason, these are the things you should try first:
- Check that you are not adding an extra ‘blank’ space at either the beginning or the end of your username or password. Make sure they are located at the very beginning of the space allowed, and that your cursor is right at the end of the password, no little extra blank space.
- Check whether your username or password has both upper and lowercase letters; some subscriptions are case-sensitive.
- Try using a different browser to access the subscription. If you usually work in Google Chrome, then try using Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox.
- You can always try to re-boot your computer. Turn everything off and then on again.
- Lastly, you should try clearing your browser cache. Here is a site which will let you choose your browser, then gives you instructions for clearing the cache. http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ (What can happen is that your browser has saved a “broken link”. If it does that, it won’t matter how often you try to log in, you won’t get there, because your computer keeps reverting to the wrong link. Clearing the cache will remove that saved broken link.)
- Sometimes just waiting a day and then trying it again seems to work!
If you’re still having trouble, please email to the Learning Commons staff; don’t give up!!! We promise it will be worth your while!